Increased costs and wasted resources are on the rise as software systems have moved from monolithic applications to distributed, service-oriented architectures. As a result, over the past few years, interest in observability has seen a marked rise. Observability, borrowed from its control theory context, has found a real sweet spot for organizations looking to answer the question “why,” that monitoring alone is unable to answer.
Gartner highlights applied observability as one of the top strategic technology trends for 2023, pointing to its impact on business: “By 2026, 70% of organizations that successfully applied observability will achieve shorter latency for decision making, enabling competitive advantage for target business or IT processes.”
Enter Cloudera Data Platform (CDP): a platform distributed across not just one but multiple infrastructures as it is deployed across private and public clouds. Keeping tabs on everything going on in such a complex ecosystem (containers, services, and more) through monitoring alone is no mean feat and impacts areas like resource utilization and performance, as well as SLAs and SLOs. With data and analytics literally all over hybrid cloud, financial governance is hard, plain and simple. Allocating spend to individual teams or use cases becomes a forensic accounting exercise and predicting future spend one that involves a crystal ball. Or rather: keeping tabs was no mean feat; financial governance was hard. Those challenges are now in the past for CDP customers.
Introducing Cloudera Observability
We are both pleased and proud to announce that Cloudera Observability is now available to Cloudera customers. Cloudera Observability is CDP’s single pane of glass observability solution, continually discovering and collecting performance telemetry across data, applications, and infrastructure components running in CDP deployments on private and public clouds. With advanced, intelligent analytics and correlations, it provides insights and recommendations to address tricky issues, optimize costs, and improve performance.
An extensible solution, Cloudera Observability provides a range of capabilities to achieve its objectives, all accessible through a single interface:
- Active system monitoring: Provides monitoring and insights through both current and historical analysis of infrastructure usage, services, workloads, and users.
- Service health monitoring: Delivers continuous service monitoring to identify bottlenecks thanks to automatic correlation of events and logs.
- Workload optimization: With intelligent performance tuning recommendations and continuous refinement of tuning rules based on usage information.
- Financial governance: With cost management across CDP to avoid budget overruns and allow capacity projections for planning purposes.
- Self-service analytics: For complete impact analysis and visibility across deployments as well as automatic actions for the capabilities mentioned in the previous points.
With this insight into CDP deployments, organizations can exclude themselves from the 82% of organizations that know they incur unnecessary cloud costs and make the most effective use of those resources (or any resources for that matter). What’s more, knowing what team uses how much for which workloads and what the cost impact of this is, gives the opportunity to escape the 86% of companies who are unable to get a global view of spending on infrastructure. All this insight, and more, is now available in Cloudera Observability Premium.
Free expedited support for all
Cloudera Observability Essential, available at no additional cost, provides key troubleshooting support to keep your workloads at their healthiest. As such, it provides tremendous value for all CDP customers, since it bundles the power of Cloudera Support to resolve issues faster. With that baked in experience, Cloudera Observability helps you perform root-cause analysis and provide prescriptions to cure the problem. What’s more, when further help is needed, Cloudera Observability Essential will streamline the exchange of CDP system configuration and operation data between deployments and Cloudera Support. That saves time by reducing the multiple to-and-fro conversations, expediting support, and letting customers get back to creating value and insight from their data faster.
Benefits all around
Cloudera Observability outshines traditional observability tools by bottling the collective wisdom and decades worth of experience of Cloudera Support, product engineering, and professional services in a single solution, empowering users to monitor, understand, and optimize their CDP deployments with ease and confidence.
Because no one knows Cloudera like Cloudera.
As a result, customers benefit from:
- Improved platform performance: Thanks to proactive identification and optimization of inefficient processes and workloads.
- Better adherence to SLAs and SLOs: Through predictability for both business-critical workloads and dynamic, self-service analytics.
- Financial transparency: With full insight into resource consumption across hybrid cloud deployments.
- Cost control and optimization: Sith the ability to allocate data and workload costs to teams as well as projects, and more efficient use of resource.
- Enhanced Cloudera support experience: Through secure, real-time observability sharing from deployed CDP instances to Cloudera support experts when cases arise.
All this, ultimately, makes for more productive end users that can focus on driving insight and value from their data, rather than trying to tweak and tune their analytics. That’s Cloudera Observability’s role.
Cloudera Observability is available as a free “essential” tier that provides rich insights and root cause analysis as well as expedited support, and also has a feature-rich “premium” tier that delivers deep self-service insight, financial governance, and optimization capabilities.
To learn more about Cloudera Observability, we’ve created this short video. We also invite you to register now for our upcoming Cloudera Now event on June 14 and see Cloudera Observability in action. If you’d like to get started right away, please contact a member of your Cloudera account team or get in touch.