This blog post was published on Hortonworks.com before the merger with Cloudera. Some links, resources, or references may no longer be accurate.
The Hortonworks HDP product and engineering teams are excited to share details on Apache Hadoop 3.x over a series of blogs. Please check out blogs we already published for our Apache Hadoop 3.x blog series and stay tuned for many more.
- Apache Hadoop 3.1.0 released. And a look back!
- Apache Hadoop 3.1 – A Giant Leap for Big Data
- How Apache Hadoop 3 Adds Value Over Apache Hadoop 2
- Announcing HDP 3.0 – Faster, Smarter, Hybrid Data
- Announcing the General Availability of HDP 3.0, Ambari 2.7, and SmartSense 1.5
- Upgrading your clusters from Apache Hadoop 2 to Apache Hadoop 3
Faster time-to-insight – Containerization support on YARN
- Trying Out Containerized Applications on Apache Hadoop YARN 3.1
- Containerized Apache Spark on YARN in Apache Hadoop 3.1
Long-running services support on YARN
- Apache Hive LLAP as a YARN Service
- First-Class Support for Long Running Services on Apache Hadoop YARN
- Enforcing Applications Lifetime SLAs on YARN
GPU Support – Machine Learning and Deep Learning apps
Lower Total-cost-of ownership – Erasure Coding