Cloudera Enterprise 5.1 is Now Available
Cloudera Enterprise’s newest release contains important new security and performance features, and offers support for the latest innovations in the open source platform.
We’re pleased to announce the release of Cloudera Enterprise 5.1 (comprising CDH 5.1, Cloudera Manager 5.1, and Cloudera Navigator 2.0).
Cloudera Enterprise 5, released April 2014, was a milestone for users in terms of security, performance, and support for the latest community-driven innovations, and this update includes significant new investments in those areas, as well as a host of bug fixes. Here are some of the highlights (incomplete; see the Release Notes for CDH, Cloudera Manager, and Cloudera Navigator for a full list of features and fixes):
- HDFS now includes support for access control lists (ACLs).
- Apache Sentry (incubating) now supports
- Cloudera Search now supports document-level security (via Sentry).
- Cloudera Manager has several new security-related features, such as ability to manage/deploy Kerberos configurations, integrate Kerberos with Active Directory, and manage Hadoop/CDH SSL-related configurations.
- Spark Streaming is now integrated with Kerberos.
- Cloudera Navigator 2.0 now provides comprehensive metadata, lineage, and auditing support across enterprise data hubs. Navigator also now includes enterprise-grade encryption and key management via Navigator Encrypt and Navigator Key Trustee, respectively.
- Impala now utilizes HDFS caching for improved performance.
- Impala queries and
COMPUTE STATSstatements are significantly faster.
- HBase has improved write performance for WAL.
Support for the Latest Open Source Innovations
Cloudera Enterprise 5.1 is re-based on the latest stable component releases, including:
- Apache Crunch 0.10
- Apache Flume 1.5.0
- Apache HBase 0.98.1
- Apache Mahout 0.9.0
- Apache Sentry (incubating) 1.3
- Apache Spark 1.0
- HBase Lily Indexer 1.5
- Hue 3.6
- Impala 1.4
…with new platform support for:
- RHEL 6.5/CentOS 6.5
- OEL 6.5 with UEK 2 and UEK3
- MySQL 5.6
- PostgreSQL 9.2
Furthermore, this release contains a number of enhancements in the areas of resource management (now supports three different modes of Impala RM via YARN), and SQL support (
DECIMAL support across Apache Hive, Impala, Apache Avro, Apache Parquet [incubating], and text file formats; plus
ORDER BY without
LIMIT in Impala).
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be publishing blog posts that cover a number of these new features in detail. In the meantime:
- Download Cloudera Enterprise 5.1
- Explore the documentation: