HBaseCon 2014: Speakers, Keynotes, and Sessions Announced
Users of diverse, real-world HBase deployments around the world present at this year’s event.
This year’s agenda for HBaseCon, the conference for the Apache HBase community (developers, operators, contributors), looks “Stack-ed” with can’t-miss keynotes and breakouts. Program committee, you really came through (again).
It looks like this:
- A welcome message from event host Cloudera: Michael Stack (HBase PMC Chair/Cloudera Software Engineer, and the HBaseCon Program Chair) and Mike Olson (Cloudera Chief Strategy Officer) open the festivities by welcoming attendees.
- Keynotes from Google, Facebook, and Salesforce.com engineers: The General Session will begin with a keynote from Google’s Avtandil Garakanidze and Carter Page, who will describe how Bigtable (the original inspiration for HBase) has evolved since it was initially described in public in 2006, as well as its current use cases and roadmap at Google. Subsequently, Liyin Tang of Facebook will deep-dive into his company’s internally deployed HydraBase technology, and Lars Hofhansl will provide an overview of HBase ops and use cases at Salesforce.com.
- Breakout sessions from operators of the largest HBase deployments globally: Technical sessions will be divided into Operations, Features & Internals, Ecosystem, and Case Studies tracks. Session speakers across those tracks include employees of Bloomberg LP, Facebook, Neilsen, Next Big Sound, Opower, Optimizely, Pinterest, Rocket Fuel, Salesforce.con, Xiamoi, and Yahoo!
- A repeat performance of the HBase operations panel: Eric Sammer (Cloudera) will moderate a “Smooth Operators” panel that includes Jeremy Carroll (Pinterest), Adam Frank (Flurry), and Paul Tuckfield (Facebook).
- Beginner’s content — an HBaseCon first: For attendees who are relatively new to HBase, Jesse Anderson (a Cloudera University instructor) will lead a special “HBase: Just the Basics” breakout before the General Session opens.
On the fence about attending? Your decision should be easier now. :)
Remember also that formal HBase training is available to attendees at a discount during the rest of the week (also in San Francisco, May 6-9). Click here to learn more details.
The final agenda grid will publish as soon as the Program Committee has determined session order!
Thank you to our sponsors – Continuuity, Hortonworks, Intel, LSI, MapR, Salesforce.com, Splice Machine, WibiData (Gold); Facebook (Silver); ASF (Community); O’Reilly Media, The Hive, NoSQL Weekly (Media) — without which HBaseCon would be impossible!