Cloudera Enterprise 5 Beta 2 is Available: More New Features and Components
Cloudera has released the Beta 2 version of Cloudera Enterprise 5 (comprises CDH 5.0.0 and Cloudera Manager 5.0.0).
This release (download) contains a number of new features and component versions including the ones below:
- Apache Spark 0.9
- Apache Crunch 0.9
- Parquet 1.2.5
- Kite SDK 0.10
- Apace Avro 1.7.5
- Rebase to Hadoop 2.2.0+
- HDFS Caching
- NFS gateway
- Support for Apache Spark
- Oozie and YARN Resource Manager High Availability
- Extensibility to support add-on services
- Enhancements to Monitoring & Charts
- Rebase to HBase 0.96.1.1
- Rebase to Impala 1.2.3
- New Kite Dataset Sink
- Hive 0.12 Rebase
- Improved JDBC spec coverage
- SSL encryption support on non-kerberos authentication
- Native Parquet support
- Rebase to Sqoop 1.99.3
- Support for CRON like scheduling
- Single Sign On (SSO) support
- Graphical facets in Search application
- Result graphing for Hive and Impala
- Rebase to Pig 0.12.0
- Rebase to DataFu 1.1.0
Cloudera strongly recommends that you install Cloudera Enterprise 5.0 Beta 2 and CDH 5 Beta 2 on test clusters or new clusters only. In the case of existing clusters, Cloudera fully supports upgrade from Cloudera Enterprise 4.x and CDH 4.x to Cloudera Enterprise 5.0 Beta 2 and CDH 5 Beta 2. If you have a particular need to upgrade a cluster running Cloudera Enterprise 5.0 Beta 1 or CDH 5 Beta 1 to Beta 2, customers can contact Cloudera Support for further instructions. If you are not a customer, ask for assistance in the Cloudera Manager forum.
Please note that Cloudera Manager 5.0 beta 2 does not support CDH 5.0 beta 1.
As part of the open Beta, we encourage the community to try it out. Here is how you can get started:
- Download Cloudera Enterprise from: cloudera.com/downloads install and try it out.
- View the documentation:
Once you get started, we encourage you to provide feedback using any of the following methods:
- Ask questions and provide comments on our Beta community forum. Click here to join.
- File a bug through our public Jira at:
We look forward to hearing about your experiences of Cloudera Enterprise 5 Beta 2.