I am pleased to announce the release of Cloudera Impala Beta (version 0.4) and Cloudera Manager 4.1.3. Key enhancements in each release are:
Cloudera Impala Beta (version 0.4)
- Added support for Impala on RHEL5.7/Centos5.7 operating systems, in addition to RHEL6.2/Centos6.2 operating systems.
- Significant stability and performance enhancements to address feedback from the beta program.
- Additional metrics available on the Impala Debug Webpage.
Impala Beta will be regularly updated with features, bug fixes, and performance enhancements. We will typically release such updates every 2-4 weeks. Please check the release notes to find out what’s new with each update. For more questions, visit the Impala FAQ page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cloudera Manager 4.1.3
- Cloudera Manager 4.1.3 supports Impala 0.4.
- Cloudera Manager 4.1.3 can now be used to install Impala on RHEL5.7/Centos5.7, in addition to RHEL6.2/Centos6.2 operating systems.
- Bug fixes
- Detailed release notes
- Download CM 4.1.3 or upgrade to CM 4.1.3.
- For more questions, visit the CM FAQ page or email us at email@example.com.
As a reminder, here is how you can get started with Impala:
- Use Cloudera Manager 4.1.3 to deploy Impala. Documentation can be found here.
- To manually install Impala, access the download of Impala, install Impala and try it out. Please note that you need to have CDH 4.1.x installed on RHEL/CentOS 6.2 or RHEL/CentOS 5.7.
- Download the demo VM of Impala. The VM includes instructions that show you the power of Impala.
- Watch the e-learning course on “An Introduction To Impala“.
- Access the Impala source code at https://github.com/cloudera/impala.
- Download and review the Impala documentation.
Once you get started, we encourage you to provide feedback. We have the following mechanisms set up to do this:
- An Impala user group has been set up. Please use this to ask questions and provide feedback.
- An Impala Jira project has been set up. Feature requests and bug reports are welcome.
- For questions related to Cloudera Manager, please use the Cloudera Manager user group.