Cloudera Impala Beta (version 0.3) and Cloudera Manager 4.1.2 Now Available
- by Vinithra Varadharajan
- December 04, 2012
- no comments
I am pleased to announce the release of Cloudera Impala Beta (version 0.3) and Cloudera Manager 4.1.2. Key enhancements in each release are:
Cloudera Impala Beta (version 0.3)
- Stability and performance enhancements to address feedback from the beta program
- Impala Beta will be regularly updated with features, bug fixes, and performance enhancements. We will typically release such updates every 2 – 4 weeks. Please check the release notes to find out what’s new with each update.
- For more questions, visit the Impala FAQ page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cloudera Manager 4.1.2
- Cloudera Manager now supports specifying an external program of your own choosing for user authentication. See Configuring External Authentication for details.
- There’s now a Cloudera Manager Free Edition Demo VM available.
- Bug fixes
- Detailed release notes
- Download CM 4.1.2 or Upgrade to CM 4.1.2
- For more questions, visit the CM FAQ page or email us at email@example.com.
As a reminder, here is how you can get started with Impala:
- Use Cloudera Manager 4.1.2 to deploy Impala. Documentation can be found here.
- To manually install Impala, access the download of Impala, install Impala and try it out. Please note that you need to have CDH 4.1.x installed on RHEL/CentOS 6.2.
- Access the demo VM of Impala. The VM includes instructions that show you the power of Impala.
- E-learning course on “An Introduction To Impala“.
- Access the Impala source code at: https://github.com/cloudera/impala.
- Download and review the Impala documentation.
Once you get started, we encourage you to provide feedback. We have the following mechanisms set up to do this: