I am pleased to announce the release of Cloudera Impala Beta (version 0.2) and Cloudera Manager 4.1.1. These are both enhancement releases to make bug fixes available quickly. Key enhancements in each release are:
Cloudera Impala Beta (version 0.2)
- Bug fixes
- Impala Beta will be regularly updated with features, bug fixes, and performance enhancements. We will typically release such updates every 2 weeks. Please check the release notes to find out what’s new with each update.
Cloudera Manager 4.1.1
- Tarballs for installing Cloudera Manager are now available
- Bug fixes
- Detailed release notes
- Download CM 4.1.1 or Upgrade to CM 4.1.1
As a reminder, here is how you can get started with Impala:
- Use Cloudera Manager 4.1.x to deploy Impala. Documentation can be found here.
- To manually install Impala, access the download of Impala, install Impala and try it out. Please note that you need to have CDH 4.1.x installed on RHEL/CentOS 6.2.
- Access the demo VM of Impala. The VM includes instructions that show you the power of Impala.
- E-learning course on “An Introduction To Impala“.
- Access the Impala source code at: https://github.com/cloudera/impala.
- Download and review the Impala documentation.
Once you get started, we encourage you to provide feedback. We have the following mechanisms set up to do this:
- An Impala user group has been set up. Please use this to ask questions and provide feedback.
- An Impala Jira project has been set up. Feature requests and bug reports are welcome.