Apache ZooKeeper 3.4.4 Has Been Released!
- by Skye Wanderman-Milne
- September 24, 2012
- no comments
- ZOOKEEPER-1419 Leader election never settles for a 5-node cluster
- ZOOKEEPER-1489 Data loss after truncate on transaction log
- ZOOKEEPER-1466 QuorumCnxManager.shutdown missing synchronization
- ZOOKEEPER-1412 java client watches inconsistently triggered on reconnect
- ZOOKEEPER-1427 Writing to local files is done non-atomically
- ZOOKEEPER-1465 Cluster availability following new leader election takes a long time with large datasets – is correlated to dataset size
- ZOOKEEPER-1514 FastLeaderElection – leader ignores the round information when joining a quorum
Stability, Compatibility and Testing
We are pleased to announce that 3.4.4 marks the first stable release of 3.4. This release will be incorporated into CDH4.2.
The Apache ZooKeeper project is working on a number of new features. Our How To Contribute page is a great place to start if you’re interested in getting involved as a developer, or dive right into an open issue.
A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the release (reporting issues, fixing bugs, reviewing changes, writing documentation, etc), especially Mahadev Konar for acting as release manager.