We are excited to launch Cloudera’s annual Data Impact Awards, which recognizes organizations that are using Cloudera’s platform and services to unlock the power of data, with massive business and social impact.
With use cases across Manufacturing, Financial Services, Healthcare, and beyond, our customers are on the front lines tackling today’s biggest challenges. Every year we are astounded by the incredible projects our customers pursue, expanding the realm of what is possible in a data-driven world.
Last year our data superheroes showcased the value of a modern data platform to power digital transformation, to serve customers better, operate with greater efficiency, and strengthen security.
- PwC connected a global network of firms in 158 countries with different data sovereignty requirements, uniting them via one secure, agile, multi-cloud data platform.
- Ascension fought antimicrobial resistance and used data-driven insights to better understand the distribution patterns of infectious disease, uncovering benchmarks, and best practices along the way.
- Axiata built an omnichannel and multilingual chatbot to handle 50% of customer service queries, reserving human brainpower for the most vital tasks.
- Bank Rakyat Indonesia used data science to build a robust real-time fraud system, reducing the time-to-insights from weeks to seconds.
- First National Bank put the power of data directly in their customers’ hands, offering them insights into their own financial habits to help them meet their goals.
- United Overseas Bank used data science, and specifically, natural language processing, to understand market sentiment and trends.
- By uniting all of its customer data into one platform, Manulife refined the customer journey and shortened the time from insights to action, delivering a better customer experience.
- And we learned that data is even powering our government, with the U.S. Census Bureau using data insights to efficiently execute the 2020 Census, which for the first time in U.S. history is being conducted largely online instead of by mail.
Cloudera’s data superheroes design modern data architectures that work across hybrid and multi-cloud and solve complex data management and analytic use cases spanning across the data lifecycle – and the use cases truly are endless.
We’re looking for your most innovative projects, the ones that have transformed your business or even your industry. If you’ve democratized data within your company, we want to hear from you. If access to real-time insights is changing the way you do business, we want to hear from you. If you’re using predictive machine learning models to save time and increase productivity, we want to hear from you, too. If your data projects reach beyond the wildest corners of our imagination, submit your nomination!
Over the next few weeks, we will be recruiting a group of industry analysts and thought-leaders to serve as our judges for this year’s awards. Aiming for a finalist spot? Be sure to include details and metrics around the business impact of your data project and results achieved.
“We merely imagined these use cases years ago. But these award winners are implementing them in the real world, and they’re reaping the rewards.“
– Andrew Brust, Founder & CEO at Blue Badge Insights; ZDNet Contributor and GigaOm Analyst
Nominations are open now until July 17. Organizations can be nominated by their own employees or partner organizations, with the nominee’s consent. Visit the website for more details and to submit your nomination.
Without further ado, here are this year’s award categories:
CONNECT THE DATA LIFECYCLE
Organizations that have tackled transformative business use cases by connecting multiple parts of the data lifecycle to collect, enrich, secure, report, serve, and predict
Use cases could include but are not limited to: marketing automation, connected vehicles, industrial IoT, fraud analytics, remote health monitoring, and more.
DATA FOR ENTERPRISE AI
Organizations that have built and deployed systems for enterprise-scale machine learning, industrializing AI to automate, secure, and standardize data-driven decision making
Use cases could include but are not limited to: risk modeling, sentiment analysis, next best action recommendation, anomaly detection, natural language generation, and more.
ENTERPRISE DATA CLOUD
Organizations that are driving business innovation and agility by modernizing their data architecture and optimizing their infrastructure to unlock the value from any data, anywhere – in the private cloud or across hybrid and multiple public clouds
Use cases could include but are not limited to: workload analysis and replication, migrating or bursting to cloud, data warehouse optimization, and more.
DATA SECURITY AND GOVERNANCE
Organizations that have centralized management, security, and governance of their data and metadata policies, ensuring consistent data lineage, and control
Use cases could include but are not limited to: modeling and reducing business risk, preventing fraud, meeting regulatory compliance with success, establishing a multi-tenant data marketplace, and more.
Organizations whose IT administration provides the agility the business requires, without putting the business at risk, and embraces a pattern of technology adoption that prioritizes speed
Use cases could include but are not limited to: establishing internal/external data marketplaces, enabling secure and controlled self-service access to data and analytics, escaping vendor lock-in through hybrid and multi-cloud flexibility, and more.
DATA FOR GOOD
Organizations that have tackled some of the most challenging issues affecting society and the planet, making what was impossible yesterday, possible today and transforming the future
Use cases could include but are not limited to: optimizing healthcare processes to save lives, data analysis for emergency resource management, building smarter cities with data science, using data and analytics to fight climate change, tackle the food crisis or prioritize actions against poverty, and more.
Organizations that move their business to the next level and disrupt their industry by identifying new technologies, applying new skills, and operationalizing processes
Use cases could include but are not limited to: redefining business processes, monetization of data for the re-creation of industry value chains, Supply Chain Optimization, Connected Plants & Factories, and more.
We look forward to announcing the winners later this year. Show us what is possible!