Webinar | Parsing the Union: the Federal Government and Big Data
Since the first federal census in 1790, the U.S. government has been accumulating statistics and crunching numbers on everything from family size to crime to how many bushels a farmer harvests. Until recently, government agencies had limited capabilities for analyzing the vast quantities of data they collected and published. Now, however, with Hadoop and its surrounding tools, the Federal government has potential to improve decision-making and save millions through operational efficiencies in areas as diverse as security, bioinformatics, predictive policing, and healthcare.
Big data solutions are also making dramatic improvements in the government’s ability to serve citizens with information through programs like the Apache Hadoop-based USASearch.gov now driving search results at over 1000 government websites. In this webinar, we’ll explore some of the issues surrounding the U.S. government and big data, and discuss its potential for achieving efficiencies, savings, and big breakthroughs.
Join GigaOM Pro and Cloudera for “Parsing the Union: the Federal Government and Big Data,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 10am PT.
What Will Be Discussed
- What measurable improvements are government agencies reporting from using big data?
- What are the top use cases for government big data solutions?
- What do successful government big data programs have in common?
- What new or unsolved requirements remain?
Who Should Attend
- CIOs, CTOs, IT decision makers
- Data managers/developers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Government program managers and data scientists
Time: 10am PTMore Info
When: October 10