I am very pleased to announce the availability of Cloudera Manager 4.1. This release adds support for the Cloudera Impala beta release, and management and monitoring of key CDH features.
Here are the highlights of Cloudera Manager 4.1:
- Support for Quorum-based Storage HDFS High Availability
- Cloudera Impala management and monitoring
- Flume NG management and monitoring
- ZooKeeper monitoring
- Directory disk-space monitoring
- Host decommissioning
- Reduced monitoring latency
- Maintenance mode
- Several usability,
After a long period of intense engineering effort and user feedback, we are very pleased, and proud, to announce the Cloudera Impala project. This technology is a revolutionary one for Hadoop users, and we do not take that claim lightly.
When Google published its Dremel paper in 2010, we were as inspired as the rest of the community by the technical vision to bring real-time, ad hoc query capability to Apache Hadoop,
Today we’re proud to announce a new addition to the Apache Hadoop ecosystem: Cloudera Impala, a parallel SQL engine that runs natively on Hadoop storage. The salient points are:
- Hive compatible
- 10x the performance of Hive/MapReduce, on average
- 100% open source, under the Apache License v2 – just like Hadoop
- Tested to run on CDH4.1 or higher
There’s a blog post that follows mine that provides more details about Impala and how it works.