Update time! As a reminder, Cloudera releases major versions of CDH, our 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop and related projects, annually and then updates to CDH every three months. Updates primarily comprise bug fixes but we will also add enhancements. We only include fixes or enhancements in updates that maintain compatibility, improve system stability and still allow customers and users to skip updates as they see fit.
We’re pleased to announce the availability of CDH4.1.
Apache ZooKeeper release 3.4.4 is now available. This is a bug fix release covering 50 issues, four of which were considered blockers. Some of the more serious issues include:
- ZOOKEEPER-1419 Leader election never settles for a 5-node cluster
- ZOOKEEPER-1489 Data loss after truncate on transaction log
- ZOOKEEPER-1466 QuorumCnxManager.shutdown missing synchronization
- ZOOKEEPER-1412 java client watches inconsistently triggered on reconnect
- ZOOKEEPER-1427 Writing to local files is done non-atomically
- ZOOKEEPER-1465 Cluster availability following new leader election takes a long time with large datasets –
Strata Conference + Hadoop World (Oct. 23-25 in New York City) is a bonanza for Hadoop and big data enthusiasts – but not only because of the technical sessions and tutorials. It’s also an important gathering place for the developer community, most of whom are eager to share info from their experiences in the “trenches”.
Just to make that process easier, Cloudera is teaming up with local meetups during that week to organize a series of meetings on a variety of topics.
We are happy to announce the general availability of CDH3 update 5. This update is a maintenance release of CDH3 platform and provides a considerable amount of bug-fixes and stability enhancements. Alongside these fixes, we have also included a few new features, most notable of which are the following:
- Apache Flume 1.2.0 – Provides a durable file channel and many more features over the previous release.
- Hive AvroSerDe – Replaces the Haivvreo SerDe and provides robust support for Avro data format.
Apache ZooKeeper release 3.3.6 is now available. This is a bug fix release covering 16 issues, two of which were considered blockers. Some of the more serious issues include: