The community has voted to release Apache Hadoop 2.4.0.
Hadoop 2.4.0 includes myriad improvements to HDFS and MapReduce, including (but not limited to):
- ACL Support in HDFS — which allows, among other things, easier access to Apache Sentry-managed data by components that use it (already shipping in CDH 5.0.0)
- Native support for rolling upgrades in HDFS (equivalent functionality already shipping inside CDH 4.5.0 and later)
- Usage of protocol-buffers for HDFS FSImage for smooth operational upgrades
- Complete HTTPS support in HDFS
- Automatic Failover for ResourceManager HA in YARN
- Preview version of the YARN Timeline Server for storing and serving generic application history
Congratulations to everyone who contributed!