The speaker lineup for the fifth annual edition of HBaseCon reflects an amazing diversity of production deployments.
The organizers of HBaseCon, the conference for the Apache HBase community, have published the agenda for the conference (May 24, 2016, in San Francisco)—and once again, the impressive geographical and use-case diversity of HBase are on full display.
- “State of Apache HBase” – Apache HBase PMC
- “Facebook’s Return to (Real) Open Source” – Elliott Clark, Facebook
- “Apache HBase at Yahoo! Scale” – Francis Liu, Yahoo!
- “Future of Apache HBase” panel – Lars Hofhansl (Salesforce – mod.), Matteo Bertozzi (Cloudera), John Leach (Splice Machine), Maxim Lukiyanov (Microsoft), Carter Page (Google), and Andrew Purtell (Salesforce)
…along with 20+ technical sessions across three tracks, including:
- “Apache HBase Improvements and Practices at Xiaomi” – Duo Zhang and Liangliang He (Xiaomi)
- “Improvements to Apache HBase and Its Applications in Alibaba Search” – Yu Li and Shaoxuan Wang (Alibaba)
- “Apache HBase Security at Scale” – Gary Helmling (Facebook)
- “Rolling Out Apache HBase for Mobile Offerings at Visa” – Partha Saha and CW Chung (Visa)
- “Apache HBase at Airbnb” – Jingwei Lu, Liyin Tang, and Jason Zhang (Airbnb)
- “Removing Apache HBase Performance Bottlenecks on Cloud Storage” – Nitin Verma, Pravin Mittal, and Maxim Lukiyanov (Microsoft)
In a nutshell: for anyone running in HBase in production (or who aspires to do so), missing HBaseCon is unthinkable! To get a preview of HBaseCon, watch the wrap-up video and see photos from HBaseCon 2015.
Register now (group discounts available), because seats are limited.