Apache Spark continues to be a major theme in the Strata + Hadoop World conference series; here are highlights at NYC next week.
Strata + Hadoop World NYC 2015 (Sept. 29-Oct. 1; if you haven’t registered yet, a 20% discount is still available) is a learning bonanza for many reasons, but this year the focus on Apache Spark and its growing importance in the Apache Hadoop ecosystem is notable. If learning more about this subject is a priority for you this year (and if the One Platform initiative didn’t get your attention, what else will?), then a trip to New York should be in your future. To follow is a short list of examples:
Tues., Sept. 29
Weds., Sept. 30
Wednesday is “Spark Day” at the Cloudera exhibit:
- 255pm: “Web-scale Machine Learning using the Spark Stack” (Intel Session)
- 340pm: “Next-Gen Real Time Analytics with Apache Spark” (Cloudera Presentation)
- 420pm: “Using Spark: 5 Quick and Easy Ways to Get More out of Hadoop” (Talend Presentation)
- 435pm: “IoT with Spark Streaming: Practical Lessons from Real-World Use Cases” (Cloudera Session)
- 525pm: “Estimating Financial Risk with Apache Spark” (Cloudera Session)
- 545pm: Meet the authors of O’Reilly Media best-seller Advanced Analytics with Spark (first 50 get a free signed copy)
- 610pm: Q&A with Cloudera’s Apache Spark Committers (Sean Owen, Imran Rashid, Sandy Ryza, Marcelo Vanzin)
- 645pm: “How RelayHealth uses Spark to reduce delays in healthcare payments” (RelayHealth Presentation)
Thus., Oct. 1
- 435pm: “How Spark is Working Out at Comcast Scale” (Comcast Session)
See the “Spark and Beyond” track for additional sessions because there are plenty of them. See you there!