The community has voted to release Apache Hadoop 2.4.0.
Hadoop 2.4.0 includes myriad improvements to HDFS and MapReduce, including (but not limited to):
- ACL Support in HDFS — which allows, among other things, easier access to Apache Sentry-managed data by components that use it (already shipping in CDH 5.0.0)
- Native support for rolling upgrades in HDFS (equivalent functionality already shipping inside CDH 4.5.0 and later)
- Usage of protocol-buffers for HDFS FSImage for smooth operational upgrades
- Complete HTTPS support in HDFS
- Automatic Failover for ResourceManager HA in YARN
- Preview version of the YARN Timeline Server for storing and serving generic application history
Congratulations to everyone who contributed! See full release notes here.
Justin Kestelyn is Cloudera’s developer outreach director.