We are just a weekend away from the Biggest. Strata + Hadoop World. Ever.
Not to make non-attendees feel bad — the show sold out a couple weeks ago — but some great things are in store for technical end-users (as well as everyone else):
- Hear keynotes from Mike Olson and Doug Cutting: Be prepared to hear two of the most influential voices in Big Data make some Big News.
- Learn “How to Develop a Hadoop Data Application” (via the CDK) from Tom White, Eric Sammer, and Joey Echeverria. No pressure! The first two people on that list literally wrote the books on Hadoop app development and Hadoop operations, respectively.
- Dive into multiple technical sessions based on real-world use cases led by Cloudera software engineers and Cloudera customers. Because the best way to learn is from the do-ers. (There are copious interesting sessions from other people, as well.)
- Watch a demo, get a T-shirt. The Cloudera exhibit will be brimming over with demos, books, and schwag, including but not limited to the legendary “Data is the New Bacon” gear.
- Get your drink on. A pub crawl in the West Village? Who could resist?
- Meet-up! More than 10 community meetups are planned – covering Apache Accumulo, Apache Hadoop, Cloudera Impala, Apache Hive, Cloudera Manager, and more.
We simply can’t wait for the show to start, and we can’t wait to see you when it does!
Justin Kestelyn is Cloudera’s developer community outreach director.