Users of CDH, Cloudera’s Big Data platform, are solving big problems and building amazing solutions with Apache Hadoop. We at Cloudera are very proud of our customers’ accomplishments, and it’s time to showcase them. This year we’re thrilled to present the first annual Data Impact Awards, an awards program designed to recognize Hadoop innovators for their achievements in five categories:
- Business Impact: Driving tangible results to an organization, company or industry by empowering new capabilities that generate top-line growth and/or increased competitive advantage, or improving operational efficiencies that result in quantifiable bottom-line savings.
- Social Impact: Putting Hadoop to work in a way that has a positive impact on the planet, society, or humankind at large.
- Community Contribution(s): Driving significant, steady innovations within the Hadoop community through active participation and contributions to ecosystem projects, online forums, and/or user groups.
- Pervasive User Adoption:Supporting the proliferation of Hadoop across user groups — which may include internal and/or external users — through concerted efforts, such as extensive training or certification.
- Integration with Existing IT: Successfully integrating Hadoop with existing relational data warehouse, data marts, and analytic systems for a truly symbiotic and interconnected big data ecosystem.
We’re accepting nominations now through Sept. 30, 2013. Don’t be shy — submit your nomination today!
Nominations are open to any individual representing any organization that runs CDH in a production environment. We will also accept entries from partner sponsors of nominated organizations, but a point of contact must be provided for both the sponsor and the nominee.
We’ll announce the winners at Strata + Hadoop World in New York in October.
Questions? Contact Karina@Cloudera.com. Good luck!
Karina Babcock is Cloudera’s Customer Programs & Marketing Manager.