Hadoop Summit convenes next week, and even if you’re not attending, there are a host of meetup opportunities available to you during the week.
Here are just a few, and you can find a full list here.
Tues. June 25
- Apache Accumulo Users Group – 10am, San Jose Convention Center
- Apache Oozie Contributors – 12pm, San Jose Convention Center
- Bay Area Apache HBase Users – 1:30pm, San Jose Convention Center
- Apache Hive Users – 1:30pm, San Jose Convention Center
- Apache Flume Users – 6pm, Hilton Hotel, Almaden Ballroom 1
Weds. June 26
- Apache Sqoop Users – 6pm, Hilton Hotel, Winchester Room
If you ARE attending, remember also:
- “Securing the Hadoop Ecosystem” at 11:20am on Weds. June 26
- “Panel – When Worlds Collide: SQL Meets Hadoop” at 2:05pm on Weds. June 26
- “Trends in Supporting Production Apache HBase Clusters” at 2:55pm on Weds. June 26
- “Parquet: Columnar storage for the People” at 4:05pm on Weds. June 26
- “Deploying Apache Flume to enable low-latency analytics” at 4:55pm on Weds. June 26
…And don’t forget to visit the Cloudera booth for signed copies of Hadoop Operations (Eric Sammer) and HBase in Action (Amandeep Khurana co-author)!