Since the Cloudera Impala announcement of a few weeks ago, we’ve been busy partnering-up with Hadoop meetups around the country (and beyond) to bring Impala tech talks directly to the community. Here’s the list for the remainder of 2012, thus far:
- Nov. 1, 2012 – Twin Cities Hadoop Users Group (Minneapolis) – lapsed
- Nov. 14, 2012 – Orange County (CA) Hadoop Users Group
- Nov. 14, 2012 – SF Hadoop Users (open agenda, but we’ll be pitching an Impala talk!)
- Nov. 15, 2012 – Los Angeles Hadoop Users Group
- Nov. 26, 2012 – Swiss Big Data Users Group (Zurich)
- Dec. 3, 2012 – Chicago-area Hadoop Users Group/Chicago Big Data Meetup
- Dec. 5, 2012 – Seattle Scalability Meetup
…and we’re working on additional (2013) dates in Boston, Raleigh-Durham, Washington, D.C. , (added 11/15/2012) London, France, and Belgium – and those are just the groups we’re currently in touch with.
If you’re a HUG, Big Data, BI, or Data Science meetup organizer and are interested in an Impala speaker too, just let us know in comments below.