Your Guide to Cloudera @ Strata + Hadoop World This Week
Cloudera is co-presenting the sold-out Strata Conference + Hadoop World in New York this week, and if you’re an attendee, you have a great week ahead!
Here’s a quick guide to where you can find Clouderans during the conference. There are of course many other great activities planned as well that are not covered here.
Cloudera CEO Mike Olson (@mikeolson) takes the stage on Wednesday to kick off the plenary sessions, and Apache Hadoop Co-founder and Apache Software Foundation chair Doug Cutting (@cutting) is part of the Thursday morning plenary sessions. (See abstracts here.) Arrive early to make sure you have a seat; you won’t want to miss their vision for the future of Hadoop.
Presentations & Tutorials
As we have previously blogged, experts on the Cloudera team have put together some compelling and informative tutorials and presentations. They include:
- Given Enough Monkeys – Some Thoughts on Randomness
- Large Scale ETL with Hadoop
- HDFS – What is New and Future
- High Availability for the HDFS Namenode: Phase 2
- Upcoming Enterprise Features in Apache HBase 0.96
- Data Science on Hadoop: What’s There and What’s Missing
- Designing Scalable Network Architectures for Fast Moving Big Data
- Taming the Elephant – Learn How Monsanto Manages Their Hadoop Cluster to Enable Genome/Sequence Processing
- An Introduction to Hadoop
- Testing Hadoop Applications
- Using HBase
- Building a Large-Scale Data Collection System Using Flume NG
Free Books/Meet the Authors
The week is a great one for Hadoop book fans – book authors Tom White (@tom_e_white), Lars George (@larsgeorge), Eric Sammer (@esammer), Amandeep Khurana (@amansk) and Nick Dimiduk (@xefyr) be available in the Cloudera booth to sign your copies and answer your questions. If you don’t have a copy yet, we’ll be giving away 100 copies of each book on Wednesday and Thursday respectively during specific times – check out the book giveaway schedule here.
Make the most of your evenings and attend one of the many meetups taking place. It’s a great way to network and meet others that are working on similar projects and challenges. Check the schedule here.
Find Cloudera at Booth #100
Visit our booth to check out our demos, learn what’s new, engage with our team and get a free t-shirt or book. If you can’t attend, at least follow us on Twitter and join the conversation. #strataconf
We look forward to seeing you in New York City!