Apache ZooKeeper 3.3.6 has been released
- ZOOKEEPER-1489 Data loss after truncate on transaction log
- ZOOKEEPER-1466 QuorumCnxManager.shutdown missing synchronization
- ZOOKEEPER-1395 node-watcher double-free redux
- ZOOKEEPER-1521 LearnerHandler initLimit/syncLimit problems specifying follower socket timeout limits
- ZOOKEEPER-1431 zkpython: async calls leak memory
- ZOOKEEPER-1318 In Python binding, get_children (and get and exists, and probably others) with expired session doesn’t raise exception properly
Stability, Compatibility and Testing
3.3.6 is a stable release that’s fully backward compatible with 3.3.5. Only bug fixes relative to 3.3.5 have been applied.
The Apache ZooKeeper project is working on a number of new features. Our How To Contribute page is a great place to start if you’re interested in getting involved as a developer. You can also follow me on twitter.
A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the release (reporting issues, fixing bugs, reviewing changes, writing documentation, etc).