ZooKeeper 3.4 is incorporated into CDH4 and now available in beta 1!
ZOOKEEPER-1367 is the most serious of the issues addressed, it could cause data corruption on restart. This version also adds support for compiling the client on ARM architectures.
- ZOOKEEPER-1367 Data inconsistencies and unexpired ephemeral nodes after cluster restart
- ZOOKEEPER-1343 getEpochToPropose should check if lastAcceptedEpoch is greater or equal than epoch
- ZOOKEEPER-1373 Hardcoded SASL login context name clashes with Hadoop security configuration override
- ZOOKEEPER-1089 zkServer.sh status does not work due to invalid option of nc
- ZOOKEEPER-973 bind() could fail on Leader because it does not setReuseAddress on its ServerSocket
- ZOOKEEPER-1374 C client multi-threaded test suite fails to compile on ARM architectures.
- ZOOKEEPER-1348 Zookeeper 3.4.2 C client incorrectly reports string version of 3.4.1
If you are running 3.4.2 or earlier, be sure to upgrade immediately. See my earlier post for details on what’s new in 3.4.
Stability, Compatibility and Testing
The 3.4 series has been through a number of releases, incorporating feedback from users and addressing found issues. The Apache community is now considering the 3.4.3 release to be of beta quality.
The Apache ZooKeeper project is working on a number of new features. Our How To Contribute page is a great place to start if you’re interested in getting involved as a developer. You can also follow me on twitter.
A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the release (reporting issues, fixing bugs, reviewing changes, writing documentation, etc).