Last November in New York City, Hadoop World, the largest conference of Apache Hadoop practitioners, developers, business executives, industry luminaries and innovative companies took place. The enthusiasm for the possibilities in Big Data management and analytics with Hadoop was palpable across the conference. Cloudera CEO, Mike Olson, summarizes Hadoop World 2011 in these final remarks.
Those who attended Hadoop World know how difficult navigating a route between two days of five parallel tracks of compelling content can be—particularly since Hadoop World 2011 consisted of sixty-five informative sessions about Hadoop. Understanding that it is nearly impossible to obtain and/or retain all the valuable information shared live at the event, we have compiled all the Hadoop World presentation slides and videos for perusing, sharing and for reference at your convenience. You can turn to these resources for technical Hadoop help and real-world production Hadoop examples, as well as information about advanced data science analytics.
I’d like to take this opportunity to again thank all who participated in making Hadoop World 2011 a success: sponsors, attendees, the Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers and the Hadoop World production team.
Hadoop World Resource Links
- The Hadoop World Agenda has both Video and Slide (PPT) links for each presentation located in the presentations designated time slot.
- Place your cursor over a time slot to learn more about the presentations content.
- Each Hadoop World presentation video and slide deck is listed in the Resources section of the Cloudera web site.
- Scroll the list to find a presentation of interest to you.
- Larry Feinsmith’s keynote presentation will not be listed in conjunction with JPMorgan & Chase’s wishes.
- The session, “Life in Hadoop Ops – Tales From the Trenches” does not have a corresponding slide deck as this session was a free flowing discussion panel.
- Hadoop World 2012 will take place in the fall. Specific location and dates will be disclosed in the future.