- ZOOKEEPER-1208 Ephemeral nodes may not be removed after the client session is invalidated
- ZOOKEEPER-961 Watch recovery fails after disconnection when using chroot connection option
- ZOOKEEPER-1049 Session expire/close flooding renders heartbeats to delay significantly
- ZOOKEEPER-1156 Log truncation truncating log too much – can cause data loss
- ZOOKEEPER-1046 Creating a new sequential node incorrectly results in a ZNODEEXISTS error
- ZOOKEEPER-1097 Quota is not correctly rehydrated on snapshot reload
- ZOOKEEPER-1117 zookeeper 3.3.3 fails to build with gcc >= 4.6.1 on Debian/Ubuntu
Stability, Compatibility and Testing
3.3.4 is a stable release that’s fully backward compatible with 3.3.3. Only bug fixes relative to 3.3.3 have been applied. Version 3.3.4 will be incorporated into the upcoming CDH3U3 release.
Note that these changes are included in the recent 3.4.0 release which I detailed earlier.
The Apache ZooKeeper project is working on a number of new features. Our How To Contribute page is a great place to start if you’re interested in getting involved as a developer. You can also follow me on twitter.
A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the release (reporting issues, fixing bugs, reviewing changes, writing documentation, etc).