On Monday, we held our second Flume Office Hours at Cloudera HQ in Palo Alto. The intent was to meet informally, to talk about what’s new, to answer questions, and to get feedback from the community to help prioritize features for future releases.
Below is the slide deck from Flume Office Hours:
This time we had an online presense for folks to participate from remote locations. We were also able to record a video and audio feed for folks that were not able to attend. To view the video recorded during Flume Office Hours go here (name, email, and organization required). The video is long (100 minutes!), so we’ve added some cue points for interesting section breaks:
- 0:01:37 – State of the world
- 0:07:53 – Feature history
- 0:14:05 – What’s new
- 0:14:50 – Feature demo: JSON metrics
- 0:24:50 – Feature Demo: Windows Node
- 0:26:50 – Flume Stories
- 0:44:20 – Aaron Kimball: rtsql demo
- 1:03:55 – Idea proposals
- 1:10:35 – Alex’s scenario
- 1:18:07 – Sree’s scenario
- 1:25:22 – More proposals
Thanks to all those that attended. We look forward to scheduling the next meetup in a few months!