?It’s been just over a month since we announced Flume at the Hadoop Summit, releasing the code as open source and distributing on github. For additional background see?? CDH3 and Cloudera Enterprise and Whats New in CDH3b2: Flume.
Since that milestone the Flume community has been at work addressing issues, adding features, building community, and generally working hard to improve the platform. You can see the issues that have already been resolved for the next release — 25 so far!
Talking about releases, we’re working hard to close out a few remaining blockers after which we plan to release a 0.9.1 version. This release should also contain a few features from new contributors, currently we have a number of significant features being worked on by:
- Anurag Phadke is adding Gzip compression to HDFS output files
- Nick Verbeck is working on a date extractor and multi group regex extractor
- Vibhor Bhatt is adding throttling support to Flume flows
- Patrick Wendell is looking at supporting Avro for Flume communication
See this page if you are interested in contributing. There are many interesting areas to work on, both wrt new feature development and closing out issues that users have been finding (detailed on the JIRA):
We’d love to hear from you! If you are using Flume feel free to update the newly added Powered By page.
or contact us at:
- User mailing list
- Developer mailling list
- IRC channel #flume on irc.freenode.net
- for updates follow us on twitter (I’m there too :-) )
If I’ve missed anything you think is important, or would like to highlight, please feel free to reply to this email thread.
Regards, The Cloudera Team.