Hadoop World: NYC 2009: Speakers Announced
It’s been a crazy few weeks here at Cloudera, and while there is no sign of things letting up before Hadoop World: NYC 2009 on October 2nd, we wanted to take a minute to share the latest details about the speakers, and to say thanks to our sponsors who have recently come on board.
We’re absolutely thrilled to have such a wide variety of organizations sharing their experiences with Apache Hadoop. In addition to a deeply technical track headlined by Cloudera, Yahoo! and Facebook, those new to Hadoop will appreciate an entire track focused on applications. There is also a track for extensions to highlight cool projects like HadoopDB, a mashup of Hadoop and a relational database, from Yale University.
We’re excited about every talk on the schedule, but we wanted to call out just a few that highlight how Hadoop is being used by more traditional enterprise users beyond the web space.
- Hadoop Applications at Yahoo!, Eric Baldeschwieler, Yahoo!
- Rethinking the Data Warehouse with Hadoop and Hive, Ashish Thusoo, Facebook
- Large Scale Transaction Analysis, Joe Cunningham, VISA
- Enabling Ad-hoc Analytics at Web Scale, Rod Smith, IBM
- Cross Data Center Logs Analysis, Stu Hood, Rackspace
- Data Processing for Financial Services, Peter Krey and Sih Lee, JPMorganChase
- Protein Alignment, Aaron Cordova, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Analytics and Reporting at Scale, Gyanit Singh, eBay
- A Data Mining Platform for the Telecom Industry, Feng Cao, China Mobile
There are over 20 additional talks across the tracks. Whatever your interest, Hadoop World has something for you. You can find more details and register on the conference website.
In addition to these scheduled talks, we’ll host a Hadoop Futures Panel as well as a BOF session to explore some of the emerging projects that focus on Hadoop user interfaces.
Lastly, we’ve gotten a lot of sponsorship interest since the first announcement, and we’re glad to see so many companies support Hadoop in this way. A big thank you to the following companies for joining our premium sponsorship tier: Amazon.com, Facebook, Rackspace, Softlayer and Supermicro. You can see the full list on the Hadoop World website.