After three months of public beta, and months of private beta before that, Cloudera Search is now generally available. At this milestone, Cloudera has contributed its innovations and IP around the integration of Apache Solr and Apache Lucene with CDH back to the respective upstream projects. The GA of Cloudera Search also signifies the completion of a vast amount of hardening, integration, simplification, and packaging work.
Features of Cloudera Search 1.0 include:
- Cluster-level access control (Kerberos authentication and impersonation)
- Batch indexing via MapReduce
- Near real-time indexing at ingest via Apache Flume and Apache HBase
- Cloudera Manager integration for better production visibility and monitoring
- SolrCloud deployment capabilities on HDFS (such as index creation,